Monday, February 11, 2008

All work with a smidgen of play






So, 4 days in DC with the boss is a long-ass time! Okay, so I wasn't with the folks from work the whole time, but it still felt like work. I was able to spend some time at some national treasures; the National Botanic Garden (beautiful orchid display), The National Gallary (masterpieces abound), The National Archives ( Hoorah Declaration of Independence!) and the National Museum of Natural History:







Above: An award-winning photo from the great nature Photograpy Exhibit







I was able to keep on the marathon training schedule while I was there-thank goodness! I walked at least one lap of The Mall everyday and even had the chance to walk from our hotel near the US Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial and back. It took about an hour and a half, but I was really glad to get the training time in. The marathon is about 7 months away, but every little bit of training matters!


This will be the view from the finish line of the marathon. We will be walking around the entire lake which includes some hills and higher terrain in addition to flat surfaces.


We also finished the pirate ship for The Pirates of Penzance this weekend. The director and cast may not ever appreciate the amount of work that went into it, but the crew and I think it is pretty special :)


Whereever and with whomever Valentine's Day finds you, I hope it is a sweet one!

1 comment:

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Sounds like you squeezed a lot of fun in!

And I can't wait to see pictures of the set...