Monday, March 17, 2008

Remember Me?

I feel like I have fallen off the grid. The past month has been a blur.

I have done my last Homer High School musical...not my choice, but rather that of the new director. It will be the first time since 1988 that I have not done a HHS musical. It will take some getting used to, but I will have more time to spend with my husband and in my home. Plus, Matt & I are traveling to France with a group of students next February break.

Speaking of the house, over the this year's February break, we totally re-did our living room. We stripped the paneling (which was installed in 1971, we discovered), 4 layers of wall paper and the carpet. We painted the ceiling and walls and purchased new furniture. It looks hot. We will be redoing the game room over April break. I'll keep you posted.

Tonight are auditions for the Shakespeare show--The Taming of the Shrew. 2008 marks the 50th anniversary of the Shakespearean Society! We are planning a Gala Celebration where we will invite HSS alum, have a dinner, erect displays of Shakespearean artifacts...It should be fun, but a LOT of work!

The marathon training has hit a snag--bronchitis! I have been down for the count and ordered out of work for a week. The Dr. thought that I may have pertussis (whooping cough). I have the have a very unpleasant test ( a metal rod up the nose!), a shot, and lots of meds. I am on the mend and hope to get back on schedule soon!

Also, I am beginning to fundraisefor this year's MSalk which is May 4. Please consider donatng to or donating to Team Weas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like you guys did some great work on your living room. Post some before and after pictures (if you have them). And bronchitis – that’s awful, but am glad it’s not whopping cough. Feel better!

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Yeah, I want to see pictures!!!