Friday, April 4, 2008

Shakepeare and Shaping up

It is springtime and if you know anything about me, you know that is also Shakespeare time. We are about 3 weeks into the rehearsal process for The Taming of the Shrew. The challenge this year comes not from the actual show, but rather the fact that it is the 50th anniversary of the Shakespearean society. We have started a website, www.homershakespearean.com, stop by, sign the guestbook, check it out. It's not finished yet, but it's coming along. We are also hosting a Society Alumni dinner on Saturday, may 17 at 6pm at the school. Drop me a line at homershakespearean@yahoo.com I'd love to see you.We are amping up our PR and advertising as well as our fundraising. We will be holding a fundraising auction on May 9th at the Center for the Arts--wanna donate? Give me a call (607.745.3142) or drop me a line. We are cranking on costumes and props--the Globe goes up tomorrow at 10am-yikes!

On other fronts in my life, I have learned to make homemade whole grain breads. learing bread-making was my new year culinary goal. I have made 5 types so far--including a braided loaf!

And finally, it is offical: I have registered for the marathon. Ther's no turning back now!

1 comment:

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Ahhhh! Marathon! I can't wait to see awesome "Weas is running and kicking ass with a number pinned to her chest" photos!

And the new website looks freakin' awesome. Congrats!

Also I can't wait to taste some of your bread. Mmmm, bread. Just yesterday I was shopping and a loaf of raisin challah leaped into my basket and demanded that I take it home and eat it with lots of butter.